I have alluded several times to the plans I am currently making for our office space. Well, they are still merely plans. This is what the room looks like today.
Pretty uninteresting, huh?
So, I figure if I put into writing what I plan to do with the space, it will hold me accountable to making these dreams a reality.
Here are a few goals for the space:
– Create a functional yet stylish room that is a quiet retreat for Jeremy to study for seminary
– Incorporate masculine touches while still keeping it light and airy.
– Purchase a mantel for decorative warmth and coziness and fill it with stacked logs or brick.
– Paint our existing laminate bookshelf
– Add architectural interest in some way–whether it be a plank wall, decorative ceiling tiles, etc.
– Find a desk
– Purchase an arm chair
– Other accessories to keep an eye out for: rug, lamp, ottoman or pouf, curtains, mantel decor
– replace ceiling light
Here is my thrown together mood board to give you an idea of my color scheme and some of the pieces I already have.
The mantel and arm chair were recent bargain finds. The arm chair is from Essex Bargain Hunt (a scratch-and-dent/overstock store) and it was a heck of a deal, and the mantel is a beautiful antique piece that I scored on Craigslist. You’ve already seen my painted garage sale desk.
I am going to narrow down my wall paint color this week so I can hopefully start painting this weekend. I can hear the winds of change blowing already.